Happy Wednesday! Only two more days until I finally get to see my boyfriend after a long 38 days and of course the 2 days everyone loves so much, the weekend :) I’m happy to say that yesterday was A LOT easier than Day 1! Planning is definitely key!!
Eats on Vegan Week: Day 2
Breakfast: Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Crepe Pancakes w/ Vegan Berry “Yogurt” (recipes below for both :) ) FYI – I had 7 of these… not 1! I just forgot to picture them together until the last bite :)
Lunch: Mixed Veggies w/ Brown Rice (Yellow pepper, Squash, Green beans and avocado)
Snacks: Apple, Better n Peanut Butter & clementines
Dinner: Salad from Whole Foods w/ Asian Tofu
- 1/6 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/6 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 pkg of Stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp of warm water to make a flax egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Make your flax egg – set to side
- Heat skillet to Medium – Low heat
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Mix all wet ingredients
- Mix together. Lots of mixing going on.
- Drop batter onto skillet with teaspoon
- Cook on Medium – Low flipping 1/2 way through (3-4 minutes on each side)
- Top with whatever you wish! I used the vegan “yogurt”
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1/3 cup frozen berries
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
Blend everything together in food processor. WHAT would I do without this food processor? Seriously, I use it for everything. Thanks Santa ;)
Both of these were SO good… I would consider going Vegan for the rest of my life if I could eat these for every meal. It made my rough Day One no longer exist. Thanks Katie :)
I met up with 2 of my girlfriends for a Bootcamp class… That class is no joke. I told the instructor I wanted to vomit afterwards and she said that’s what I aim for! 30 minutes of intense cardio, 15 of weights and 15 of abs. So sore today!
Question for you girls (and guys) – What is your trouble area? For me I would say it’s my abs… The exercises are a yawn and just doing crunches and sit ups isn’t going to give me that flat belly I dream of so I usually skip it (whoops!). In the latest issue of Self Magazine they offer up some tips of what foods to eat and things to avoid. Here are some of my favorites.
Sneaky Stomach Slimmers – Have you ever googled “exercises to do while in the car?” Everyone has right? If not, umm…me either. Here are some ways to Slim that belly while doing your normal day-to-day routine.
- Working Out: On the elliptical or treadmill keep your back straight, head forward and abs tight.
- In the car: Tighten and release abs repeatedly at red lights
- At your desk: Gently suck in your gut as if you were buttoning a tight pair of jeans. Then breather without allowing your abs to relax. Do this for 30 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Walking your dog: Brace against leash tugging and banish your belly: keeping torso upright with shoulders back, engage abs for five strides then relax for five strides. Repeat until you’re back at your front door.
- Bed: Place palms right below belly button. Exhale and allow stomach to expand. Then inhale, pulling belly button toward spine, drawing abdomen toward the box spring. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 4 times.
Flat Ab Food List:
Avocados: Half of one avocado contains 10 grams of healthy mono fat which stops the blood sugar spikes that tell your body to store fat around your midsection.
Bananas: The fruit packs 422 milligrams of potassium, a mineral that can help limit the amount of belly swelling sodium in your body.
Berries: Antioxidants can improve blood flow, delivering more oxygen to muscles, so ab-revealing cardio is easier
Chocolate Skim-Milk: A glass teams carbohydrates with protein to promote muscle-building. Drink post workout to speed recovery.
Green Tea: 3 cups daily may rev your metabolism and burn 30 calories.
Oranges: Vitamin C in colorful produce like oranges and red peppers can help you zap up to 30 percent more fat during exercise.
Whole Grains: The filling fiber in foods like oatmeal, brown rice and bulgur aids in keeping your body’s insulin levels low. Researchers speculate this may shrink fat cells.
Yogurt: A cup encourages the growth of good bacteria in your gut, crowding out other bugs that can cause bloating
Booze – 1 glass of alcohol a day or less is fine… Women who drink two or more have larger bellies.
TV time - DVR-athons are great but people who tune in for two or more houses daily have weaker and ab muscles by 10 percent!
Stress - To de-stress and weigh much less, learn to breathe. Slowly inhale through your nose, counting to four. Then exhale from your mouth for a count of eight. Repeat until refreshed
Bread Basket - Fluffy white rolls are flat ab foes! If you see whole grains in the basket go for it! Dieters who did lost so much more stomach fat than those who merely cut calories and ate refined grains
Late night munchies - Hate to be a Debbie Downer but when you eat PM snacks your body does not burn those nibbles as efficiently as it does to those during the day. Declare “last call” two hours before bed. If you’re really hungry have a 150 calorie snack. If not, sip tea, cut the lights and bid farewell to the fridge until morning.
So if we follow these rules we should have abs like this in no time!
Day 14: A picture of you last year – how have you changed?
Ways I have changed:
- I rarely go out to bars and drink – Last year I did that once a week.
- I am in a serious relationship – Last year I was semi-single.
- I now blog.
- I worked for an event planning company… Now, I nanny.
- I eat a lot less processed foods and cook a lot more than I used to!
Check out these awesome giveaways by some of my favorite bloggers
Shanna is giving away a pair of wedges… Yes, ladies…SHOES!
Kristina is playing Oprah and giving away her favorite things… Some yummy eats :)