There are some things you may not know about me — I like to play games…a lot. I’m a nanny – which means I’m a kid at heart. I bake, color and play candy land every
week day. I’ve always been told that I remind people of a kindergartener (which is funny, because if I were a teacher THAT is the grade I would pick). I love bright colors (you wont ever catch me in all black), writing my name in swirly letters (see below) and watching Disney movies on repeat on rainy days. I’m actually watching Finding Nemo right now…
I remember playing 3 truths and 1 lie when I was younger and nobody would ever be able to guess my lie. Maybe I’m a good liar? Let’s see if I’ve still got it. Below are 4 truths and 1 lie. Sorry, I don’t follow rules. I NEEDED 4.
1. When I was younger, I used to pull the comforter over my head thinking the entire thing was bulletproof and if someone came in to “steal” me I would be safe.
2. I have helped build a house… Including but not limited to: Putting the dry wall up, adding the roof and building the stairs.
3. I used to think bones could fall out of my feet and would come home daily to tell my mom another one did.
4. I don’t know how to whistle!
5. My favorite dessert is Creme Brulee and I wish I had a torch to make it!
Well? Which one do you think it is??
Since I bake so often I thought I’d share this quick recipe that the girls and I made this morning for their breakfast. When it’s rainy, we bake. I like rainy days =)
Mini Cinnamon Crunch Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
- Combine the egg, milk and butter; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until muffins test done.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the tops of warm muffins with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.