July 29, 2011
Happy Friday! 3 more days left on Vacation I thought I would give you guys an update on how my vacation is going so far by playing the number game. Here it goessss.
trips so far down the stairs to the beach
pounds of candy brought
times the boys have planked/owled
theme nights so far (Italian, Hawaiian, Mexican & American)
restaurant trip (which was AMAZING)
Sweet Potato Biscuits
House salad w/ feta red wine vinaigrette
Fresh Rockfish in a mango coulis with blueberries, rice & broccoli
The restaurant won best dessert. Would it shock you to tell you I picked the peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake? Didn’t think so.
Happy Hour’s attended (at home)
trips to Harris Teeter. LOVE.
beautiful sunrise (i’ve been sleeping in!)
times I’ve complained that I’m SO burnt.
but I keep laying out
desserts made and still 4 more to come
good memories and lots more to come
recipe to share with you
This is a staple in our family – We make this ALL the time because a.) it’s that good and b.) it takes about 5 minutes. It’s not exactly “homemade” but nobody would ever know.
Strawberry Banana Pudding
- 1 Large Box Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Small Box Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding
- 2 1/4 cups of COLD unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tubs of Sugar Free Cool Whip
- 5 Bananas
- 2 lbs of Strawberries
- 1 box of Mini Vanilla Wafers
- Whisk almond milk and pudding in a large bowl
- Fold in bananas
- Fold in 2 containers of cool whip
July 19, 2011
I really wanted to get a run in this morning but with the extreme heat I had to pass. Instead I went to the mall to walk around. I couldn’t help but stop in and buy a little something… Ugh, I was doing so well too!
Adam has a work event on Thursday that’s outside so I got this sundress for it:
On Friday we have dinner plans in the city and I wanted something loose-fitting so I got this dress and plan on belting it.
Really, that model is doing the dress no justice. I will model it for you on Friday
When I got home from the mall I made a super weird lunch. Well normal to me but when I mentioned it to Adam he said BLEK.
Low Carb Tortilla (81 calories, 5 carbs) with vegetarian refried beans, low-fat cottage cheese and salsa. I also snacked on some watermelon that went unpictured.
Since I’m oh so bored and have nothing to do I whipped up some granola after seeing it posted on Chelsey’s blog by Julie. I’m a sucker for some granola!
Almond Butter Granola
adapted from Julie
- 3 tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Chocolate Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 2 tablespoons of Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups of Oats
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- Combine almond butter(s), honey and agave in bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until Almond Butter is in a melted consistency.
- Mix well
- Add vanilla and cinnamon to the warm almond butter mixture and mix again.
- Add oats and chia seeds making sure that they are all completely covered with wet ingredients
- Spread granola mixture onto cookie sheet and place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove, toss and add again for another 4 minutes.
- Try to NOT burn your tongue on this deliciousness and be patient while it cools.
I made myself a little teeny bowl with dark chocolate almond milk
and now I’m catching up on last nights Bachelorette with the hometown dates and I want to know what the heck JP’s last girlfriend did to hurt him SOOO much? Fill me in!
QUESTIONS: Do you watch the bachelorette? Who do you think wins? I think JP’s got it in the bag! If you’re not a bachelorette fan, what’s your favorite way to enjoy granola??