July 19, 2011
I really wanted to get a run in this morning but with the extreme heat I had to pass. Instead I went to the mall to walk around. I couldn’t help but stop in and buy a little something… Ugh, I was doing so well too!
Adam has a work event on Thursday that’s outside so I got this sundress for it:
On Friday we have dinner plans in the city and I wanted something loose-fitting so I got this dress and plan on belting it.
Really, that model is doing the dress no justice. I will model it for you on Friday
When I got home from the mall I made a super weird lunch. Well normal to me but when I mentioned it to Adam he said BLEK.
Low Carb Tortilla (81 calories, 5 carbs) with vegetarian refried beans, low-fat cottage cheese and salsa. I also snacked on some watermelon that went unpictured.
Since I’m oh so bored and have nothing to do I whipped up some granola after seeing it posted on Chelsey’s blog by Julie. I’m a sucker for some granola!
Almond Butter Granola
adapted from Julie
- 3 tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Chocolate Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 2 tablespoons of Agave Nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups of Oats
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- Combine almond butter(s), honey and agave in bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until Almond Butter is in a melted consistency.
- Mix well
- Add vanilla and cinnamon to the warm almond butter mixture and mix again.
- Add oats and chia seeds making sure that they are all completely covered with wet ingredients
- Spread granola mixture onto cookie sheet and place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove, toss and add again for another 4 minutes.
- Try to NOT burn your tongue on this deliciousness and be patient while it cools.
I made myself a little teeny bowl with dark chocolate almond milk
and now I’m catching up on last nights Bachelorette with the hometown dates and I want to know what the heck JP’s last girlfriend did to hurt him SOOO much? Fill me in!
QUESTIONS: Do you watch the bachelorette? Who do you think wins? I think JP’s got it in the bag! If you’re not a bachelorette fan, what’s your favorite way to enjoy granola??
April 18, 2011
After a long exhausting weekend the last thing I wanted to do was think about cooking dinner tonight. We ate out ALL weekend long so I knew I needed to jump back into being healthy this week. When I woke up this morning I slipped into a daydream where I had a wife who unpacked my suitcase, did my dirty laundry and had dinner waiting for me when i got home from work. I quickly snapped out of my dream and back to reality when I remembered I could at least have some”one” take care of the last one for me. Meet my wife….
Mrs. Crock Pot to the rescue. There is nothing better than arriving home to a welcoming aroma, realizing dinner is ready to eat in seconds of you walking in the door and of course the fact that there is just one dish to clean. OK, now I just need it to be 5pm so I can be home to experience this!
On the agenda tonight is White Bean and Chicken Chili. I realize Chili is a wintry type of meal and its 70 degrees out today but I’ll take what I can get! I’ve made this before and I know it’s a winner
White Bean and Chicken Chili
adapted from My Recipes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole bone-in chicken breasts (3 lb.)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (4 oz.) cans roasted green chilies, drained
- 1 can of corn
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Warm oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin side down in skillet; cook until brown, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate; remove and discard skin. Drain all but 2 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add onion mixture, corn, chilies, broth, beans, 1 cup water and cumin to slow cooker. Stir; add chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred it and return to slow cooker.
Here is what it looked like when I left the house this morning (iPhone picture)
Here’s what it will look like when I get home
Be jealous of me…Very, very jealous.
So why did I have such an exhausting weekend you ask? I was celebrating a good friends bachelorette party in Ocean City. Saying we had A LOT of fun would be an understatement. I love me some girl time
Friday night was spent in drinking wine, thumbing through old pictures, telling each other our favorite memories and of course enjoying some cake!
Saturday we went to Seacrets around 2pm for lunch where we had a list of dares to complete. Some of these made it necessary to have a drink or two before we could even think of attempting them.
Let’s just say we all woke up feeling less than pretty
Now you know why I NEEDED some”one” to make me dinner! Yes, absolutely needed.
I hope to make it to the gym, enjoy my chili and be in bed before 8pm. Grandma status.
Happy Monday everyone!