Today was about 15 degrees cooler than it was yesterday. Surprisingly, I didn’t mind it! Only because I had a comfort food in mind. This comfort food included pumpkin. Surprised? I didn’t think you all would mind since you said to bring it on the other day!
Pumpkin Chili (Vegetarian)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground all spice
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, yellow pepper in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until heated through.
- Top with extras
Oh man, you guys have to try this. I never thought vegetarian chili could taste so good!
I’m sure you guys have seen this video of the little girl singing Nicki Minaj’s Super Bass song, right?
WELL, she got to meet Nicki Minaj AND sing with her – Her reaction is priceless.
I am obsessed with them!
Last thing for today’s post – I saw this on Facebook and thought it was funny so I’d share.
QUESTIONS: What were the first 3 words you saw?