Ugh, I promise I am going to give you guys some recipes that don’t include Pumpkin…..next July. Just kidding, next week… But for now, another pumpkin recipe. It’s really good if that makes up for my pumpkineyness. I just love pumpkins.
Before last night I had never made a lasagna… I always thought they took SO long to prepare and I’m more of an instant gratification kind of girl. If it takes longer than 30 minutes and doesn’t involve a crock pot – I’m OUT!
Oh and Adam if you are reading this there was TOTALLY ground turkey in there
Pumpkin Lasagna (Vegetarian)
- 1 pound 5 ounces (or 21 ounces) fresh mozzarella, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons earth balance butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch white pepper
- 1 (1 lb) box no boil – whole wheat lasagna sheets
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Shred 12 ounces of mozzarella and mix with the ricotta in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a 2 quart pot, melt butter on low heat. Add garlic and brown lightly. Stir in pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir until it’s all warm. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Smear a thin layer of pumpkin mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
5. Place 3 lasagna sheets across. Smooth a layer of ricotta/mozzarella on. Smooth a layer of pumpkin mixture on top. Repeat until you have 5 layers of pasta, cheese, pumpkin. (You will use 15 lasagna sheets in total so there may be extra sheets in the box.)
6. Let sit for 5 minutes and slice squares to serve
7. Eat your sweet, ooey and gooey lasagna.
I loved the sweetness of this lasagna – If you are in the mood for something new, definitely try this… If you are looking for an original lasagna, you’ll have to spend more time on it.
I also highly suggest washing it down with a couple squares of heaven.