September 8, 2011
I know I said I was Craving Fall last week….but I take it back. Can I take it back? I’m not ready to put away the bikinis and flip-flops or buy overpriced produce and fruit.
I’m pretty sure I had my last summer-type meal on Saturday
Grilled chicken, grilled corn salad, fresh fruit, and potato cobb salad..mmm
Ever since then it’s been raining, flooding, cold and dreary aka miserableness I’ve unpacked all of the coats and filled the storage closet.
I’ve had to wear my rainboots for the past 3 days
I’ve bought tea 30404 times a day. I don’t exaggerate.
marshmallows hot chocolate every night for dessert
Eaten comforting foods such as soups, grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches and mashed potatoes.
Oh and these pumpkin enchiladas - I posted the recipe in January but felt it was time for them to make a comeback.
My outfits have consisted of jackets and jeans or plaid shirts.
So now I’m craving Summer… I want my tan, my dresses and the fact that I’m soaked by the time that I walk to work because of sweat, not rain back. Bring back the sun, I beg of you!
This post goes to prove…a girl is never satisfied.
QUESTIONS: What’s your favorite rainy day meal? I’m going with Grilled Cheese with tomato and Soup!
August 3, 2011
Last night I made my new favorite turkey burgers. My old favorites that I’ve made were buffalo turkey burgers and cranberry and feta turkey burgers . But now these spinach turkey burgers have won my heart! I didn’t exactly measure anything that went into the mix so I’m going to give it to you as estimates.
Spinach Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- a handful of fresh parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of thyme
- sea salt
- fresh grated black pepper
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed and pressed with paper towels to remove excess liquid
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 roasted red peppers (i used TJ’s)
- 4 slices of pepperjack cheese
- BBQ sauce for topping (optional)
- 4 Whole Wheat buns
- Add ground turkey, thyme, parmigiano reggiano, garlic, sea salt and fresh black pepper to a large bowl
- After spinach has been pressed and drained add to mixture
- Mix well and form into 4 or 5 patties (Depending on size you want)
- Heat grill pan and spray with non-stick spray
- Add burgers to pan and grill on each side for about 7 minutes
- Once burgers are fully cooked add sliced peppers
- Top with a slice of cheese and make an aluminum foil tent over your pan so the cheese melts
QUESTIONS: What’s your favorite burger/turkey burger combo??