Happy Monday! How happy are you that we are ONE day away from March? Which means we are just weeks away from Spring!!! I hope this makes you as happy as it makes me
This weekend was extremely busy and filled with food. 6 hours of my Saturday was spent cooking for my Grandma’s birthday. Thankfully I have an amazing boyfriend who helped me out A LOT in the kitchen…until the beer got there Our menu included : Sesame Ginger Shrimp, Baked Potato Nachos, Pasta A la Vodka Chicken Casserole, French Bread, Spinach – Goat Cheese – Apple – Raisins & Candied Walnut Salad, Tagalong Cake and S’mores Cookies! I bet you can guess what I wore all day yesterday… Extreme stretchy pants from food overload! Everything turned out perfect which is a plus for you because that means I have recipes to share
Sunday, I promised the recipe that included TWO boxes of Girl Scout Tagalongs. Chocolate + Peanut Butter = the dangerously delicious most perfect combination ever.
- 1 box of Devils Food Cake + ingredients you will need to make this (or make your own)
- 2 boxes of Girl Scout Tagalong cookies
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 16 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cake mix as prepared on box
- Chop 1 box of Tagalongs into small pieces
- Add them to the batter
- Pour batter into two greased 8 inch rounds
- Cook for 3-4 minutes less than recommended on box
- Remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely then remove from rounds to a platter
- Chop 1/2 of the tagalongs into small pieces from the 2nd box
- Warm the peanut butter slightly and fold it into half of the tub of cool whip
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar and mix well
- Spread the peanut butter filling between the layers
- Mix the rest of the cool whip with the remainder of the chopped tagalong cookies and frost the outside of cake.
- Cut the last of the tagalongs in half and add them to the top of the cake
- Refrigerate until ready to serve – Serve chilled
This deserves a total foodgasm face.
I have a couple more recipes from Saturday to share with you but I’m wrapped up in the Bachelor right now so I will save them for later on this week. Sneak peak…
In case you didn’t know – Tomorrow is National Pancake Day! If you don’t have time to stop by iHOP for your free pancakes then feel free to make one of my recipes… I bet mine taste better anyways
Not to mention they will save you hundreds of calories. Indulge a little…
QUESTIONS: Will you be celebrating National Pancake Day? What is your favorite girl scout cookie? Have you ever made a dessert with Girl Scout cookies?