So i figured out what I wanted to make with those bananas from this morning… I actually had 6 that needed to be used so I froze 4 of them for future banana soft serves/smoothies and used the other 2 for Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies! More on that in a second…
I went on an hour-long bike ride around Hoboken and acted all touristy…
2 things I noticed on my bike ride. 1.) The leaves are falling off the trees and turning colors. Um, summer just got here…Don’t even think about coming early Fall.
2.) Free movies on Tuesday nights under the stars! How romantic
I came back and made myself a quick lunch so I could get started on my blondies!
In case you haven’t noticed I can’t get enough chocolate, fruit, cereal, pickles and buffalo sauce. Weird cravings.
Anyways… Onto those blondies. If you like banana desserts I suggest you make these because they have a strong banana flavor! They’re also healthified
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies (Makes 16)
- 1 cup flour (I used all-purpose white but I think I would do 1/2 whole wheat next time)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter ( I used earth balance – make sure it’s softened)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat butter and brown sugar
- Add the bananas, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips.
- Beat until batter looks runny
- Add flour and mix with hand spoon until batter forms
- Test out batter
- Spray 8×8 pan with olive oil cooking spray and add batter
These hit the spot and were a nice change from making the normal banana bread with my overly ripe bananas!
I have training tonight for a promotional modeling gig with Absolut so I’ve prepped Adam’s dinner but will grab something quick to take with me on the go. Perhaps another blondie? What? They’re healthy!