October 12, 2011
Today was about 15 degrees cooler than it was yesterday. Surprisingly, I didn’t mind it! Only because I had a comfort food in mind. This comfort food included pumpkin. Surprised? I didn’t think you all would mind since you said to bring it on the other day!
Pumpkin Chili (Vegetarian)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground all spice
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, yellow pepper in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until heated through.
- Top with extras
I added a dollop of greek yogurt and more parsley. Then I realized I had leftover cornbread
in the freezer (from exactly a month ago!!) so I defrosted it in the microwave and added to the top as well.
Oh man, you guys have to try this. I never thought vegetarian chili could taste so good!
I’m sure you guys have seen this video of the little girl singing Nicki Minaj’s Super Bass song, right?
WELL, she got to meet Nicki Minaj AND sing with her – Her reaction is priceless.
I am obsessed with them!
Last thing for today’s post – I saw this on Facebook and thought it was funny so I’d share.
I got beautiful, pretty and broke – Ha!
QUESTIONS: What were the first 3 words you saw?
September 23, 2011
It’s Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!! Put a smile on your face I have two visitors coming up this weekend from Maryland and am VERY excited!
Yesterday marked the first official day of fall so I decided to make myself a treat! Always an excuse to celebrate
Pumpkin French Toast!
So simple and filling – A great way to kick off fall! All you need:
Pumpkin French Toast (dairy-free)
- 3 slices of Whole Wheat Light Style Bread (45 calories each = 135)
- 1 tbsp ground flax (30 calories)
- 2 tbsp water ( 0 calories)
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) (10 calories)
- 1 tbsp almond milk (2 calories)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- Mix everything (except bread) into a bowl
- Dip each side of bread into bowl and place in pre-heated skillet
- Flip when brown and repeat
- Drizzle syrup on top of french toast
AMAZING and under 200 calories!
Now that I’ve shown you my treat I’d like to share this video of trick’s I saw. 25 ways to wear a scarf! I am queen of scarves ( I own about 40, no lie) and I’m always looking for new ways to wear them. This girl will show you how to do it!
Pretty sweet, eh?
For the last tidbit of information on this Friday I’d like to tell you some big (to me) news.
I’ve signed up to do my FIRST half marathon!!!!!!! Of course I wouldn’t have it any other way than me running 13.1 miles in a tutu and a tiara
This girl has never ran longer than 5 miles but I have time to train so I’m VERY excited!! If anyone has any tips or a really great training plan please let me know!
Have a good weekend