Happy Tuesday everyone! Glad you enjoyed my pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe… I’m wishing I still had some leftover :(
I was lazy allll day until 4pm when I decided to make my first trip to Trader Joe’s! Yes, you read that correctly – I had never been until yesterday. I was a Trader Joe’s virgin. I LOVED it. It was definitely smaller than Whole Foods but a lottt cheaper. I’ve been getting ripped off! But now that I know of TJ’s (we’re already on a nickname basis) I’ll be visiting again soon. Here are some of my favorite buys.
Something I’m not so happy about purchasing..
My Meatless Monday meals were
I got the idea for the pumpkin enchiladas from Julie and was excited to get started on these!
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz can of red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cups of black beans
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded organic white cheddar cheese
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sauté onion and garlic in a pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce into 8×8 pan
- Add the rest of the enchilada sauce to onion and garlic
- Add pumpkin and stir until combined
- Add rice & beans
- Add cilantro, cumin and chili powder. Combine
- Fill tortillas with an even amount of sauce and beans
- Roll tortillas and place in the pan with the folded edges facing down to keep them closed
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts (I also stuck mine under the broiler)
- Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream if desired
I’ll admit I was skeptical when first trying these out… But they didn’t disappoint!
As i promised – here is another recipe from my cousin’s birthday party. Thanks Jessica :) I didn’t change anything because…well, it looked perfect as is. I might use lighter ingredients if I wasn’t bringing it to a party full of growing boys.
Bacon Spinach Artichoke and Cheese Dip
16 oz of softened regular cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-6 oz bag of fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 shallot, chopped
8 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
1-12 oz can of marinated artichokes, drained
Preheat oven to 400.
Heat a skillet on medium heat, and add olive oil. Add spinach, garlic and shallots, stirring until spinach is wilted and cooked down. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, spinach, artichokes, and crumbled bacon. Pour into a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Serve with pita chips, veggies and pretzels.
After consuming this entire dish you should probably go ahead and buy yourself a pair of these.
Tomorrow I will post the cake recipe :) I also baked a couple of cakes last night which I will be turning into something fun for my little cousin to take to school for his Birthday. Everyone stay safe on the roads…They are icy!