We all scream for Ice Cream! I screamed after I successfully made my first Dairy-Free Ice Cream 🙂 My employers received an Ice Cream maker when they got married 8 years ago and have NEVER used it. I can’t believe they hadn’t even attempted one recipe from the manual when they first got it…So i took it upon myself to break it in. I was having very important guests over for dinner (My mom and Grandma) and thought they would be the perfect guinea pigs.
S’mores Dairy Free Vegan Ice Cream
- 1 cup original coconut milk
- 2 cup original soy milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 6 packets of stevia
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 cup of crushed vegan graham crackers
- 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of ricemellow creme
- Place soy milk, coconut milk and stevia in a saucepan on Medium High heat until boiling.
- Pour mixture into blender and add vanilla, xanthan gum and sea salt. (Be careful this will be very hot)
- Blend for about 1 minute.
- Pour into a covered bowl and chill in refrigerator
- Add the mixture into frozen ice cream bowl.
- Churn in Ice Cream maker for 20 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers – Let it churn for 5 more minutes.
- Spoon in ricemellow creme.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place saran wrap over top of ice cream so ice crystals wont form.
- Freeze for an hour and a half
I stuck our ice cream in between graham crackers to make a smoreswich.
I have a lot of this left… I haven’t decided if that’s a good thing or a bad thing yet.
I feel ridiculous for saying this but it was a BEAUTIFUL day… 51 degrees out! It’s funny how our bodies adjust to the cold weather. When it was fall and 51 degrees I was completely bundled up. Now, I’m wearing my new workout capri pants, a long sleeve t-shirt and rolling down the windows like it’s in the 80s. Loving the new pants from target by the way…
Very comfy. It was a great day to run outside… So i did just that! 2 1/2 miles… and then did a 20 minute Jackie Warner video on demand.
Do any of you own the Reebok easy tone shoes? I wore mine yesterday and I definitely feel a difference in my legs today. I don’t have the opportunity to wear them for an entire day often but when I do, I love it!
Meals for the day were a breakfast sammy
Egg whites w/ spinach, 2 pieces of candian bacon and organic light cheddar cheese melted on a whole wheat bagel thin. I haven’t had a breakfast sandwich in a while but Sophia had me craving one with her post!
Lunch was the last pumpkin enchilada 😦 I snacked on a protein granola bar, blueberries & some cinnamon almonds throughout the day.
Dinner was a Stacked Vegetable Lasagna that I prepared after my run. I had never made a lasagna without noodles so I was worried this wouldn’t turn out… I should stop doubting myself – it turned out perfect!
Stacked Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 whole cauliflower trimmed and sliced through the diameter in thin slices
- 1 whole eggplant trimmed and sliced lengthwise in thin slices
- 2 medium zucchini trimmed and sliced lengthwise in thin slices
- 4 large good quality high flavor tomatoes heirloom sliced into thick slices
- 1 medium purple onion sliced and separated into rings
- 3 Portobello mushrooms brushed clean and stems removed
- 3 cups sauce
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat mozzarella shredded
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare lasagna dish by coating with light olive oil.
Arrange cauliflower on bottom of lasagna dish.
Arrange eggplant on top of cauliflower
and mushrooms on top of this. Distribute half of the onion rings on top of mushrooms.
Arrange tomatoes slices on top of this.
Pour sauce over top. Add pinch of sea salt and pepper. Repeat layering process ending with tomatoes. Sprinkle one cup of mozz on top and remainder sauce over cheese. Bake for 60 min until hot and bubbly.
Place the rest of the cheese on top and place under broiler for 10 min.
Let sit for 10 to 15 min before cutting. (Notice my pretty lasagna dish 🙂 )
Today the girls aren’t feeling well so we are going to lounge around and watch movies! We are expecting more snow later – Yipee! If it doesn’t hit by 6 I’ll be attending Happy Hour with some girlfriends 🙂 Hope everyone is having a great Thursday – it’s almost the weekend!