Hi friends ♥
Yesterday I posted about starting a blog challenge that looked fun. I had seen it on a couple of fellow blogger sites and was excited to get this 30 day challenge started! However, after reading over some of the topics I’ve decided to pass. A lot of the subjects are very serious and pretty deep… I’m not ready to elaborate on them so I found one a little more to my liking. Maybe one day I’ll try the other one but, for now here is what I’m going to do: Below is a list of the “challenge of the day” – I will elaborate on the subject at the end of my normal daily posts… If you do this challenge let me know so I can follow you 🙂
Day 0: The 30 Day Challenge Explanation and Description
Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts
Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3: Your first love
Day 4: Your parents
Day 5: A song to match your mood
Day 6: A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7: Favorite movies
Day 8: A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9: A favorite picture of your best friend
Day 10: Something you’re afraid of
Day 11: Favorite tv shows
Day 12: Something you don’t leave the house without
Day 13: Goals
Day 14: A picture of you last year – how have you changed?
Day 15: Bible verse
Day 16: Dream house
Day 17: Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18: Favorite Place to Eat
Day 19: Something you miss
Day 20: Nicknames
Day 21: Favorite Picture of yourself ALL TIME Why?
Day 22: What’s in your purse?
Day 23: Favorite Movie
Day 24: Something you’ve learned
Day 25: Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26: Your Dream Wedding
Day 27: Original Photo of the city you live in
Day 28: Something that stresses you out
Day 29: 3 Wishes
Day 30: a picture of yourself this day and 5 good things that happened since you started the challenge
OK – On to the day…
Started out with an icy morning – I had to take the boy to school late…which made me late to work – which also made me want to gnaw off my arm because I wasn’t able to eat breakfast until about 10:45 am. Not cool… Breakfast was a repeat of yesterday.
PB& J Oats
Lunch was… um gross. So there was no picture of it. I ended up throwing out more than half and snacking on an apple, protein bar and some buffalo hummus with pretzel thins.
The girls and I went to the mall and I found a dress for Saturday night! Thanks for all of your comments on yesterdays dress – I think you will think this one is a little more “GNO (girls night out) appropriate”
For some reason I cannot find a decent picture on the internet anywhere so this is the best I can do…until you can see me in it 🙂
Or if you’d like to click on THIS LINK it will show you the full sized picture of the dress. I absolutely love it 🙂 It was the first and the only thing that I tried on… It’s a good day when that happens!
Last night was my first night back at home! While I’ll miss the heated bathroom floors, waking up to the sunrise on the bay and the fireplace next to the king sized bed, it sure does feel good to be home! Since we were “supposed” to get snow for the millionth bajillionth time I wanted a comforting warm dinner. I saw a recipe for Mashed Potato Meatloaf and decided to make it healthier by changing it into Sweet Potato Turkeyloaf! This had SO much flavor – I’ve never even made Meatloaf before so I was happy with they way it turned out (even if it does look a little funny). Truth is, my mom kind of scarred me with her meatloaf when i was younger (sorry mom!) but i thought it was time to get over it and move on. (Btw, my mom has increased her cooking skills since then 🙂 ) Do you want me to stop talking and show you the recipe already? Thought so…so here it is:
Sweet Potato TurkeyLoaf
- 1.25 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup honey bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potato, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, and mash or whip until smooth.
- While potatoes are boiling – Mix the ground turkey together with the egg white, sweet onion, garlic, barbecue sauce, ketchup, Dijon mustard, and panko in a large mixing bowl.
Raw meat looks gross.
- Add the sweet potatoes, and stir until evenly combined. If the mixture seems too wet, add more bread crumbs. Use your hands to form the turkey mixture into a loaf shape and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour. Slice the loaf to serve.
Dessert: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Soft-fro-yo
It was a sad night because these babies
I’m also extremely handy just in case you didn’t know…
We actually DID get snow this time!! For once our meteorologists weren’t lying. OK, lying is a stretch…. but they were finally right about the accumulation that would occur.
Operation Nice went well yesterday!
1. Gave a random girl a compliment on her outfit at a boutique store
2. Gave the waitress at Nordstrom Cafe a big tip with a nice note
3. Paid for a man’s groceries (really he only had one thing) behind me in line.
4. Gave the little girl I nanny for an award for good behavior and complimented her on her sharing/listening skills.
5. Wrote a handwritten letter to “someone” (cant disclose their name because they read this) simply stating “You are so beautiful. My life is SO special because of you”
I still plan on attempting to give out *more* compliments daily – You never know what your nice gesture could do for someone’s day!
OK 30 day blog challenge Day Number 1:
Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts
My name is Alyssa for those of you that don’t already know…and here is a little about me… I live as I always have—by my own rules, wits, and desires. I can tell you that life is worth living. I’m a hot mess and so is my room. I might laugh too much for my own good. I’m an obsessive doodler. I’ll probably never hate you even if I say I do. I fall into walls and laughs at my own jokes. Honesty always gets my attention, not just someone who is honest to me–but someone who is honest with themselves; that is a quality I really enjoy, admire, and love. I know how to laugh out loud and party hard. I always stay up late and never sleep in. I take way too many pictures, because I figure no one takes a picture of something they want to forget. I’ve seen too many movies – Well…half of every movie – Turn off the lights and I’m out. I am somewhat of a Martha Stewart. I could spend
hours days in Target. I’ve learned to not to take things too serious. I’m a sucker for pretty eyes and a nice smile. I’m not concerned with impressing a bunch of people who I’ll never meet. There are too many mediocre things in life and love should not be one of them. I’m not good at goodbyes. I like to write and love to cuddle. My family, friends and boyfriend mean the most. I’m loud and extremely opinionated. I don’t sugarcoat anything but I believe a lot of people appreciate this quality and ask for my advice on a variety of issues. Running is the greatest escape. Cooking is talent. One of my many. I have a major sweet tooth that needs to be ripped out of my mouth and i believe there is nothing prettier than a sunset or sunrise.
Next for the picture – First let me tell you that I’m kind of embarrassed that the most recent picture I have on my camera of myself was from Boston (New Years) – the rest are all food! However, I did take a couple on my phone so that’s what you’ll get.
15 random things about myself:
- It really annoys me when I spend a lot of time cooking a meal and someone goes ahead and pours salt all over it before even tasting!
- I was a cheerleader when I was younger but I was seriously uncoordinated.
- I crack every bone in my body.
- I had never broken a bone in my body or received stitches until a month and half ago…I broke my pinky toe – walking into a wall – in my own house – sober. Klutz.
- Im lactose intolerant but I still insist on eating ice cream or drinking a cup of whole milk chocolate milk when I’m aware of the pain that will occur shortly after.
- I’m a prissy girl who enjoys camping, hiking and white water rafting. Ok, i dont enjoy the last one YET because I’ve never done it. I plan on scratching that off my list this year.
- I’m extremely shy and hate speaking in front of people.
- I don’t watch much TV… If I’m home alone (which I am every other week) I don’t turn it on once.
- I love heights… I cant wait to jump out of an airplane!
- I rarely cry… Is that good or bad?
- I have a “tramp stamp” – I hate it. I regret it. If I had a chance to do anything over again it would be to live that day for sure.
- I know every lyric to every song, your birthday if I’ve met you and every phone number I’ve ever had.
- When I sign my name its just an A and a line….a___________
- I’m addicted to peanut butter and chocolate.
- I have learned more about myself in the past year than I have in the 25 before that.
Whew, day 1 completed! I hope I can stick to this… I tend to slack in the commitment area…
Tomorrow’s Favorite Friday! But most importantly, FRIDAY!
QUESTIONS: Did anyone else have a snow day? How did you spend it? Have you ever done a blog challenge?