I’m pretty sure today was the longest day of my life! I am feeling overly tired and need to get a good night’s rest so my cold doesn’t sneak back up on me!
Tonight I realized I have one of these…
An empty Peanut Butter jar… I’ve seen lots of OIAJ and OOIAJ posts by you girls and I need to know your BEST recipe so I can go ahead and make some tonight. I’ve been dying to try it and even though I go through peanut butter jars like it’s water this is the first time I remembered to save the jar before licking it clean. So please let me know your favorite way to enjoy so I can join the craze!
Last night I had a pizza party – for 1 – with 2 pizzas. Sounds about right, right? I made buffalo chicken on whole wheat with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses and a Margherita on whole wheat dough. (all pics from iPhone – sorry!)
My favorite was the buffalo chicken! Franks Buffalo Sauce is the bomb dot com. Yes, i just said the bomb dot com. The Margherita one was really tasty too but I don’t think I rolled the dough out enough and it was a little under-cooked in the middle. Somehow that didn’t stop me from eating half of both!
This morning I decided to have pancakes in honor of presidents day… I tested out the lo carb banana supreme mix I received over the weekend… Major fail. I don’t know if I made them wrong or if they were just weird in general. The recipe called for 3 tbsp of heavy cream and 1 egg added to the mix but said you could substitute fat-free sour cream and an egg white for a healthier version. I decided to go that route and use greek yogurt and the egg white. They were dry, thin and just plain bleh. I tried to be creative and add cocoa almonds for a crunch – I also failed with that. You win some you lose some.. I think I’ll stick to my Pumpkin Pancakes!
I was probably the only person who had to go to work today – The girls and I headed to the mall to see gnomeo and juliet…Everyone else clearly had the same idea – there were no parking spots, tickets were sold out and screaming children were outnumbering adults 4 to 1. The girls were upset so i quickly suggested we get fro-yo!
Lunch was a whole wheat tortilla wrap spread with roasted red pepper hummus and packed with vegan peppered steak, mushrooms, avocado & sprouts. Not the best wrap I’ve ever had…Vegan peppered steak – not my thang. It had a weird texture… But it was meatless monday so I had to! Meal Fail number 2.
I skipped the gym today… It was my rest day! Instead I treated myself to a tanning session. It was a spray tan, so it was healthy 🙂
Dinner was boring so we will call it Meal Fail number 3… Spinach, apple, golden raisins and candied pecans with a blueberry pomegranate dressing. It doesn’t sound so boring when I write it out… But I had planned to make a Spinach Artichoke Pie with tofu and it was on a different level. Tomorrow is a new day with new meals and I guarantee they will be better than todays!
For my self-love appreciation day number 2 I wrote a list of 5 things i love about myself.
1. My smile – I used to have crazy summer teeth (some are here, some are there). In 6th grade a boy actually told me he wouldn’t date me because I had crooked teeth! I went home crying and my mom took me to the orthodontist and I got braces shortly after. He ended up “dating” me (really what is dating to 6th graders!?) and I ended up with pretty teeth. Thanks mom 🙂
2. My ability to cook good meals – Um with the exception of my meals today! I enjoy cooking, healthy living and enjoying each and every bite!
3. My eye for creativity – I don’t think a lot of people can look at a cardboard box and think of 50 different things they can make with it!
4. The big ole heart in my body – Even though I’m hard on the outside I am very soft and loving in the inside. I try to see the good and beauty in everyone and help others out and volunteer as much as possible!
5. My leadership skills – I have never been one to follow… If everyone jumped off a bridge – it would be because I told them to. (Which I obvi wouldn’t do!)
What do you love about YOURSELF?!
Day 25: Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
- About us – Brooke Hogan
- Wynter Gordon – Dirty Talk
- Nobody But Me – Blake Shelton
- Heartbreaker – Pink
- Gimme More – Britney Spears
- Mama’s Song – Carrie Underwood
- I Run This Town (Feat Kanye West & Rihanna) – Jay-Z
- Shimmy Shimmy Ya – Wu-Tang Clan f. ODB
- Waking Up In Vegas – Katy Perry
- Bad Romance – Lady GaGa
I think I can go ahead and take Brooke Hogan off my ipod…I sure hope I didn’t waste 99 cents on that!
I’m going to finish watching the Bachelor (Team Emily!!) and go to bed earlier than midnight tonight so I can hopefully feel better tomorrow! Have a great night everyone.
QUESTIONS: How do you show yourself love? Do you ever have a day where none of your meals satisfy you? Are you a bachelor fan? Who are you rooting for? Don’t forget to share with me your OIAJ or OOIAJ recipes 🙂