So yesterday I mentioned that it was National Pancake Day and today I found out it was National Peanut Butter Lovers Day! I should’ve had Peanut Butter Pancakes.. But, since I found out so late I had to have breakfast for dinner – Darn 😉 You know I cant pass up anything that has to do with Peanut Butter OR Pancakes! It’s also the first day of March which means 19 days til Spring. So many things to celebrate!
I started my morning off with pancakes of course – Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes! These turned out so well. I’ve never added strawberries to the batter so I was a little nervous but these get an A+.
I LOVE using Whole Wheat Pastry Flour for my pancakes – Reason Number 1…Whole Wheat = Healthy. Reason Number 2…They are fluffier. Reason number 3… I think the first 2 were enough.
Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 packet NuNaturals Stevia
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Egg Replacer (Ener-G)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Smart Balance melted
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, stevia and salt.
- Mix well and make a well to add wet ingredients
- Add egg replacer, melted smart balance, vanilla, and almond milk to center. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in strawberries
- Spray pre-heated skillet with Olive Oil Non-stick spray and pour batter into the skillet using 1/4 cup.
- Cook on each side 3 minutes or until brown.
- Add toppings
There’s no better way to start off your day then with pancakes – and when they are light, fluffy and bursting with a fresh strawberry flavor it makes your day start 1,000 times better!
I spent the majority of my day painting pet rocks, making cut out’s of leprechaun’s and brainstorming cupcake ideas with the girls. I told them about National Pancake Day and they wanted some with their lunch. My kind of girls 😉
I got my butt kicked at Boot Camp and came home to make myself a dinner with Peanut Butter. I used my Alternative Bagels that I bought from the lo-carb site. I like these A LOT more than the Bagel Thins but I didn’t like the fact that they weren’t pre-cut.
I also did some Key West preparation – I’m officially starting my countdown. 10 days!
I want to set a couple of goals for myself during the month of March so I decided to make a list.
- Go to the gym 5 days a week. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, sometimes even 6 – but I’d like to make it a routine of at least 5 every week this month!
- Stop giving myself the excuse that “it’s the weekend” and eating more than normal which gets me off track. I set myself back a lot by doing this and I always feel crappy on Monday so this needs to change!
- Set a weekly shopping budget. Groceries only… I can’t do that with clothes just yet!!
- Get more than 5 hours of sleep a night – I know this seems easy but I get busy brain around 10pm and stay up way later than necessary. I need to turn off all communication portals by 10 so I can wind down.
That’s it for me tonight… Plus it’s almost 10 – my new bedtime 🙂 I’m going to finish
drooling during watching Cupcake Wars and go to bed so I can hopefully hit up the gym before work! We’ll see how this goes… Have a good night!
QUESTIONS: Did you celebrate National Pancake Day or National Peanut Butter Lovers Day? Anything you are looking forward to this month? Do you make monthly goals?