No, I’m not talking about McDonald’s. Although, I’m not going to deny that I don’t love that on occasion (hello, shamrock shake). I am talking about things that are making me smile so big you can see all of my teef.
Things I’m loving these days seem to be trumping the list I’m not loving…and I’m also loving that.
- The 2-year-old I nanny for is becoming a peanut butter fanatic like me. She likes it in her oatmeal, on english muffins and my personal favorite, straight from the jar. The other day she asked for a spoonful – so I handed her the spoon and went to help the 5-year-old get a game out of the cabinet. When I returned to the kitchen she had stood on something to grab the peanut butter jar and apparently dipped her arms, fingers and as much of her face as possible inside. I had to take a picture. It was a proud moment 🙂
- The fact that I didn’t have to drag around a winter coat with me for girls night last Friday! Hellllllo Spring 🙂
- Seeing the trees blossom and hearing the birds chirping. It reminds me why I’ve stayed up North… watching the seasons change is kind of exciting!
- The fact that I can make my own White Chocolate Wonderful (recipe below) when I can’t find it on the shelf. I’m addicted, hooked and becoming dependent on this. Seriously, if you haven’t tried it or you can’t find it. Make this. It will change your life. I’m not exaggerating.
- I made the best protein bars yesterday. They taste like reeses with a crunch. I’m in love and regret telling my Aunt that she could share these with me. A new batch is in the works.
- Just the idea of catching up on sleep this weekend makes me extremely excited. I am clearly 90 years old when I am looking forward to sleeping over the weekend. I always seem to need a vacation after a vacation!
- Thoughts of my arm’s mirroring Kelly Ripa’s when I’m done with my 100 day challenge. A girl can dream..
- The arrival of 4 of my favorite magazines in one day: Cooking Light, Nordstrom, Williams-Sonoma & Women’s Health
- The best invention. A banana saver!! No more black ends. Best thing about it? It costs a whopping dollar 🙂
- Getting prettied up today. A manicure always makes me feel put together.
- Forever thankful to myself for making this recipe and Angela for creating it. I’ve eaten it 3 days in a row…
- Finally coming across a travel cup that has a straw!! This was only $2.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond when you use one of the thousand coupons they send out. Mine is pink 🙂
- When people tell me I’m SO tan in March. Being tan makes me happier than peanut butter & chocolate. Well, maybe they’re equal. Is it weird I’ve mentioned Peanut Butter in this post 4 times?
Things I’m not loving:
- My reebok easy tones – they tried to kill me at the gym last night. While doing some crazy plyometric move the uneven part of the shoe on the bottom made me wobbly and fall off the raised bench onto the floor hitting my neck/head on someone’s weights. I swear these things only happen to me. I’m also blaming it solely on the shoes and not the fact that I haven’t been inside a gym for the past week.
- Number 2, but really number 1… That I wont see my boyfriend for at least 30 days and it’s already been 8. So, a total of 38 days. Fantastic (sarcasm)
Nobody ever said it would be easy; They just promised it would be worth it!
Now onto the food recipes (that both include some type of chocolate AND peanut butter).
- 1 1/2 cups dry, roasted peanuts (I used lightly salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
Add peanuts to a food processor and blend until a thick nut butter forms.
Stream in oil and vanilla with the processor on, continuing to run it until the mixture is smooth – this took me about 2 minutes. You can add more oil if needed, just do it in small increments.
Turn off processor, add melted chocolate, and turn processor back on. Blend until smooth.
Jessica recommended keeping this in the fridge if you were going to have it for longer than a week. I put mine in the fridge thinking that would be the case…It was gone in 2 days. No lie. It’s THAT good.
Creamy Decadent Smooth White Chocolate Peanut Butter is what I’m renaming this. Jessica is a GENIUS. How many times have I made this? Let’s just say the entire bag of white chocolate chips is gone……
Now onto the second one… These no lie taste like a crunchy reese’s cup! I’m obsessed and was bummed I only made 10. I’ve already started on my second batch. I wasn’t sure I wanted to do the same thing or try a variation…But they say if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. (whoever “they” is)
Peanut Butter Protein Discs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (Or the homemade White chocolate PB!)
- 1/2 cup Vegan Carob Chips
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Kashi go lean cereal
- 2 tbsp flaxseed or ground flax
- 2 tbsp Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
In a saucepan, combine agave, brown sugar and coconut oil over low heat until sugars are dissolved
Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Remove from the heat. Allow the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes.
Stir in the flaxseed, protein powder, oats & kashi cereal.
Stir in your vegan chips immediately so they melt.
Press them into a muffin tin (I could make 10).
Freeze them for at least 30 minutes… If not longer.
Pop them out of the tin and ENJOY.
By far the best protein bar I’ve ever had. I don’t like to buy the Luna, Clif or other protein bars because there are a million bajillion ingredients. I like knowing exactly whats in them! Healthy fats, tons of protein & fiber and all natural ingredients 🙂 I can’t say enough good things about this bar…and it’s not just because I made them 😉
All I can say is GOOD THING I DIDNT GIVE UP PEANUT BUTTER FOR LENT. Not sure why I’m screaming, but it felt necessary.
QUESTIONS: What are YOU loving?? I hope it has something to do with peanut butter 😉