Happy Wednesday! We’re half way through the week =) It’s actually my Thursday because tomorrow is my Friday! Wahoo!
I’m doing another What I ate Wednesday Post thanks to the lovely Jen – So let’s get to it!
This is actually what I ate YESTERDAY so I could post it today 🙂
Breakfast: 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, handful of raisins, 1 apple chopped (some in the bowl, most on the side)
Lunch: Operation get rid of all of the veggies that are about to go bad: Stir Fry – 4 oz chicken with red peppers, green beans, snow peas, water chestnuts and mushrooms in 1 1/2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
Dinner: Home made Black bean burgers w/ mango & avocado salsa (I had this plus another half)
Snacks: 1/2 Whole Wheat Wrap with 1 tbsp PB, 1/2 banana, a drizzle of agave and a sprinkle of cinnamon – This is my new favorite snack and I’ve been eating it almost every day!!
Since this is also a fashion AND fitness blog I’m going to share my workout and what I wore
today yesterday as well.
- Headband – Charming Charlies
- White Shirt w/ Glitter Pocket – Old Navy
- Necklace – J. Crew
- Pink Skirt – Forever 21
- Belt – J. Crew
- Watch – Michael Kors
- Bracelet – David Yurman
- Flip Flops – Rainbow (comfiest shoes EVER)
Workout: 30 minutes of cardio after lunch and before snack #2 and 60 minutes of bootcamp before dinner where I basically got my butt kicked
Remind me to never take weeks off from that class ever again!!
My delicious dinner was actually prepared by my aunt so I don’t have step by step pictures but I did want to share the recipes 🙂
Black Bean Burgers
- 30 0z can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place black beans in a medium bowl and mash with fork
- Stir in panko, cumin, oregano, sea salt, jalapeno and egg whites
- Shape bean mixture into 6 1/2 inch thick patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, carefully turning once
- 1 1/4 cups chopped mango
- 3 tablespoons onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently.
Tomorrow I have a post on eating healthy for Cinco De Mayo – If you have a healthy recipe feel free to link it and I can add it to my post! Have a wonderful Wednesday!