I’m a little late with this…but as they(who?) say better late than never. I had a lot going on yesterday that I will fill you all in on VERY shortly. Thank you to everyone who wished me a better day after my bad day… I know it could always be worse and nothing was so traumatizing that I can’t laugh about it now – so no more pity party for me :) I felt like myself again yesterday!
My What I ate Wednesday from Jenn’s blog is going to be my What I wore, ate and did Monday!
Breakfast: Pretty large bowl of Raisin Bran. This is the ONLY cereal that can keep me full for hours. It may also be because I probably had 2 1/2 servings in there!
Lunch: Met up with my boyfriend at his work and went to a Thai Restaurant. We had the worst service ever. I ate all of my soup and half of my main dish. My mouth was on fire! Soup: Sweet Corn w/ Chicken & Main Dish: Hot Garlic w/ sautéed Shrimp and Jasmine Rice
Dinner: Since I was still in NJ, I met up with my boyfriend to run some errands – We were starving afterwards and stopped at Sullivans in Hoboken. I was in the mood for buffalo sauce again. Shocker. My meal was Grilled Chicken w/ melted Mozzarella and Buffalo sauce on italian bread with a side of fries. I ate one half of the sandwich and maybe half of the fries. We wanted to walk to a dessert place so we didn’t want to be too stuffed.
Dessert: My boyfriend and I split the Marshmallow Crunch Sundae from Ralph’s Ice. This place has the best sundaes!! We’ve gotten 2 kinds here before and I’ve never been disappointed. In this particular one: Vanilla soft serve, Hot choc syrup, Marshmallow fluff, Mini chocolate chips and homemade crushed graham crackers. Deliciousness.
What I wore Monday:
- Yellow Dress: Arden B
- Belt: Francesca’s Collection
- Cardigan: J. Crew
- Necklace: Forever 21
- Bracelet: Francesca’s Collection
- Wedges: Vince (via Endless)
- Purse: Michael Kors (via Nordstrom)
- Sunglasses: Prada (via Sunglass Hut)
Since we are on the topic of fashion, here are 10 fun facts I came across yesterday!
10 interesting fashion facts of the day
2. False eyelashes were first invented for producer D.W. Griffith who wanted to enhance one of his actresses eyes in a 1916 film. The eyelashes were made out of human hair.
3. It is within the last 200 years that children have had their own distinct clothes. They used to just wear a smaller size of adult clothing.
4. An item of clothing is considered vintage if it dates back from 1920 to 1960. Anything after this date is considered retro.
5. The skirt is the second oldest women’s garment in history.
6. The use of perfume goes as ar back as the Egyptian era, where they would use perfume in religious rituals.
7. Before 1850 clothes were hand stitched by those that wore them. Clothes were not made for fashion, but rather for commodity.
8. In the 1500’s fashion designers showed off their designs by making doll size clothing versions of their own fashions.
9. Egyptian women used to use henna to lighten their hair.
10. In Canada alone, each person creates about 7 kilograms of textile waste that fills our landfills.
Grab a pair of 5- to 10-pound dumbbells and stand with your feet about four feet apart. Turn your left foot out 90 degrees. Raise your right arm straight up above your shoulder, palm facing in (A). Brace your abs and bend to the left, lowering the left dumbbell to your left ankle (B). Rise back up, keeping your right arm overhead. Do 12 to 15 reps, then repeat on the other side. Do three sets, resting for up to 30 seconds between sets.
I’m off for a Morning workout…Long day ahead of me! Have a wonderful day :)