Ahh, yes…back to those cookies I whipped up after traumatizing myself on Sunday. Mini Vegan Oatmeal Blueberry and Carob Chip Cookies. We’re gonna have to think of a shorter name than that because I could’ve eaten two cookies by the time I was done telling you their name.
These cookies are healthy and miniature size…so it’s OK if you eat more than one. If you’re really stressed like me you could eat 4. And cookie dough, of course 🙂 Life’s too short to not lick the spoon!
Mini Vegan Oatmeal Blueberry and Carob Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup organic cinnamon applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Ener-G egg replacer for two eggs
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup vegan carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat the first three ingredients, then add the flour, baking soda, and salt and beat again.
- Stir in the oats, then add the egg replacer.
- Add dried blueberries and carob chips. Mix well.
- Scoop with a rounded tablespoon and add each cookie to greased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
BOMB DOT COM
Since there is no added sugar, no oil and there is oatmeal and fruit I totally think this is breakfast acceptable. Am I right, or am I right?
Besides eating cookies for breakfast every morning I’ve been OBSESSED with having cereal. But not just one kind… I need combos. A little bit of everything 🙂
In this bowl: Cinnamon Cheerios, Kashi Honey Sunshine, Kashi Go Lean w/ more cinnamon & chia seeds with Unsweetened Original Almond Milk. De.Freaking.Licious.
Last night I came home to a surprise. My entire family was over for an impromptu BBQ. This is why I love summertime.
I ate my weight in pita chips before dinner… We had Red Hot Chili Pepper flavored by New York Style. I didn’t even know they made pita chips…but I can 96% guarantee I won’t buy another brand ever again. Oh.My.God. These taste like bbq fritos. I also dipped them in roasted red pepper hummus. I was a spicy pepper loving fool.
When it was time for dinner I wasn’t THAT hungry…But i needed a little more than pita chips to keep me full til the morning so I grabbed a thin sliced chicken breast, a piece of corn and a side salad (spinach, tomatoes, avocado).
My meal screams summmmmmmmmmmmmmmer. Yes, it talks.
I also skipped dessert and had a cup of watermelon instead
Fruit is NOT a dessert…unless its served in something warm… with a dollop of ice cream. And that’s final.
See ya tomorrow 🙂