After breakfast I chose to be responsible and run my errands But that’s OK – I’ll see you today Mr. sunshine!
I went to my favorite store Tar-Jay… I spent way too much time there. But I didn’t spend too much money for once. Alyssa – 1. Tar-Jay – 400. Hey, you gotta start somewhere.
Lunch was quick because I was starvingggg. I found these cute little pitas at Target today for 40 calories each! But when i say little, i mean little.
I stuffed it with some romaine lettuce and spicy soybeans from Trader Joe’s. I also made a side salad with the romaine lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes and added more soybeans on top since the pita was so tiny.
For dinner I made Adam and I a very similar yet different dish. Both included chicken, cheese and pesto. The difference was that mine had roasted red peppers and Adam’s had ham and were lightly breaded. Our cheese’s were also different but all in all very similar.
- 1 lb of thin sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 1 container of store-bought pesto w/ basil (won’t use entire thing)
- 1 oz of fat-free feta
- 2 slices of pepperjack cheese (sliced in half)
- 8 slices of ham
- 2 roasted red peppers (i buy mine in a jar at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Lemon Pepper seasoning
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lay chicken out on cutting board and spread pesto w/ basil on each breast
- Add feta to the middle of two of the breasts and a 1/2 slice of pepperjack in the middle to the remaining 4
- Add 1 roasted red pepper to each of the breasts with feta and 2 slices of ham to each breast with the pepperjack.
- Fold the breasts in half and secure with a toothpick
- Sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning on the roasted red pepper & feta chicken
- Lightly dip both sides of the ham & pepperjack chicken into the breadcrumbs (on a plate)
- Brush a little olive oil on the breaded chicken
- Bake on a wired rack for 20 minutes.