What a weekend! Irene came and tore up Hoboken – although we are very grateful because it could have been a million times worse. Here are a couple pictures of the damage.
Lots of flooding – but everyone is safe! Since we live on the ground floor we did have a mandatory evacuation so we headed to Adam’s parents for the weekend. Luckily for us we came back to power and just a messy hallway!
Before we left on Friday Adam cooked me dinner! This was the second time he has attempted to cook since we’ve lived together so this is BIG news.
(It’s not burnt – those are blue corn tortilla chips) – Enchilada Casserole was his pick and it was GOOD! Besides the amount of cheese that was used the recipe was extremely healthy. Greek Yogurt, shredded chicken, veggies, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce and jalepenos were the main ingredients – it had a nice kick and I could tell he was proud himself. I was proud too 🙂
Before the storm hit we tried to go to Yogurtland because it had just open. Well of course, they closed early.
I knew what I had to do as soon as we got home. I had to break out the Ice Cream Maker. I only used a few ingredients
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (dairy free – vegan)
- 1 cup of Light Chocolate Silk
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter (I used White Chocolate)
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 2 pinches of Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or more)
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in blender
- Pour into your ice cream maker and use as directed
- Once ice cream has thickened add chocolate chips for last one minute
- Remove from ice cream maker and add to tupperware
So the moral of the story? When life gives you hurricanes – make ice cream…and don’t forget to watch the prettiest sunset post storm.