After many indulgences and a big fall over the weekend I needed something comforting…but healthy!
That’s where “skinny” loaded baked potato soup comes in. I found this recipe here and adapted it to our liking.
Skinny Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened Almond Milk
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- heaping 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Peel potatoes, chop and boil until tender (about 12 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender.
- Drain and return to pot.
- On medium heat, add vegetable broth, almond milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add greek yogurt, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl.
- Top each serving with cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.
This recipe makes a ton so you can also freeze it and save it for a lazy day. I might be eating for every meal today and tomorrow so we might not have leftovers…Sorry Adam.
I also realize men can’t just eat soup for dinner and call it a night – so we added a chicken breast to Adam’s dish.
2 meals – 2 people – 1 pot.