Best news ever: Spring is coming early! Not sure how Punxsutawney Phil would have seen his shadow in all of this rain anyways… But I’ll take it 🙂
I’m home sick today… But while I sit here and watch Regis & Kelly, Rachel Ray and other shows that only you lucky stay at home workers get to watch I figured I could update my blog! I’m a great multitasker.
By the way, thank you for all of your sweet messages on my post yesterday about being sick. Hopefully just one more day and I’m back to normal!
I’ve made some amazing breakfasts recently…one of them has become my new favorite. Thanks to Olivia for giving me this idea!
Oatmeal Fro-Yo Parfait
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- Prepare Oatmeal (1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup almond milk)
- While Oatmeal is cooking slice banana and add to food processor w/ 2 tbsp of almond milk
- Blend until banana becomes the consistency of frozen yogurt
- Layer it in a glass
- Eat your dessert for breakfast 🙂
Another blueberry concoction…
- 3 ounces silken tofu
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 -3 ice cubes, optional
- Mix everything in blender until smooth
- Top with some blueberries
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- Prepare oatmeal (1/2 cup oatmeal & 1 cup almond milk)
- While oatmeal is thickening slice 1/2 banana and add to food processor with a Tbsp. of Peanut Butter
- Once smooth add the cooked Oatmeal to the food processor
- Blend everything together.
- Pour into bowl.
- Feel free to add more toppings (i chose the other half of banana, blueberry granola crisps and some raisins)
All of these breakfast foods are healthy, delicious and easy to make so you’re not just stuck eating plain cereal everyday. Beach season is right around the corner! Make meals that wont break the bank or the button on your jeans 🙂
OK now for some Dessert recipes! These actually aren’t THAT bad for you.. I’m not sure what I am thinking with all of these healthy recipes lately but we will thank ourselves later when bikini pictures are being tagged of us on Facebook!
First up we have Tofu Mousse… Don’t be turned off by the name. It has CHOCOLATE in it. Everyone loves chocolate, right? I’m loving Olivia because I got this from her as well 🙂
Chocolate Mousse (Tofu)
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 1 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 3/4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- Blend first 5 ingredients together until smooth
- Add xanthan gum until pudding becomes thicker
- Eat immediately… not like you would want to wait anyways
Oh imagine that… I sprinkled blueberries on top! I’m not gonna lie, I ate this for dinner… It had protein and fiber in it, so it counts as a healthy meal 🙂
Funfetti owns my life. It started off with the pancakes last week and now I’ve moved on to dips, whoopies and lollipops. This box of funfetti mix has come A LONG way.
- 2 tbsp of funfetti cake mix
- 2 tbsp of greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of fat free cool whip
- Mix everything together….Easy enough.
Dip anything you want… Vanilla wafers, graham crackers or even funfetti cookies if you’re feeling really fun! This tastes just like licking the batter off of the bowl (i have plenty of experience so I should know) but without the raw eggs, oil and butter! Sorry my bowl is so messy… I may or may not have already started dipping before I took the picture 😉
For the next 2 recipes you will use the remainder of your cupcake mix… If you’re anything like me you have a secret stash in the basement so this isn’t too upsetting.
Funfetti Cookie Lollipops & Whoopie Pies
- Funfetti cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter
- Container of Fat Free Cool Whip
- Wooden sticks
- Mix together funfetti cake mix, egg and stick of butter until dough forms.
- Scoop out a generous tablespoon and form into a ball shape.
- Push wooden stick in the middle of dough ball.
- Flatten out with a spoon to make the ball flat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden at edges.
- Ice, sprinkle, eat!
- Scoop the remainder of the dough into a rounded teaspoon
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool
- Once cool spread the cool whip onto one cookie and place another cookie on top of that. Roll in the sprinkles. Freeze until ready to eat.
I, clearly didn’t need to freeze mine.
Now do you believe me when I say I have sweet teeth instead of a sweet tooth? I also ate some regular dinner foods… Not everything had chocolate or peanut butter. (although it’d be great if it did)
I wont bore you with the savory recipes after I’ve given you all of the sweet ones. Another time…
I went to the grocery store on Monday (along with 3 million other people) because we were apparently going to get the worst ice storm of the year… Didn’t happen. But I did find these things that made me HAPPY 🙂
Love edamame… especially if it comes shelled!
I promised I wouldnt buy vegan chocolate chips… But these are carob chips! and they are just like chocolate chips – but healthier. So I’m still going strong with no Chocolate Chips – I think its been a week?
I plan on making a new running playlist tonight so hopefully I can share these with you tomorrow!
Day 6: A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7: Favorite movies – mine are completely random.
2. Man on Fire
3. Devil Wears Prada
4. Toy Story
5. Love Actually
7. Mean Girls
8. The Little Mermaid
9. The Town
10. Eat, Pray, Love
This post has exhausted me… Time to rest again!
QUESTIONS: Do you workout when you are sick? What is your favorite movie of all time? Are you hungry when you are sick?