Hellllo out there. I have so many great things to tell you guys! Let’s start off with food… I have Thurs, Fri & Sat to catch you up on… I’ve had A LOT of awesome Vegan eats. My meals have are so much easier now, which is great because I would’ve quit by now if it was anything like day 1!
Breakfast: Banana Berry Protein Smoothie (1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, frozen berries & Amazing Grass chocolate flavor)
Lunch: Whole Wheat Pasta w/ Crushed Tomatoes and grilled Vegetables
Dinner: Homemade Vegan Chili
Dessert: Vegan Peanut Butter cups – Chocolate + Better n Peanut Butter + Cinnamon Graham Crackers = LOVE
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups adapted from Alicia Silverstone’s Kind Diet
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 cup Better n Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup cinnamon graham crackers crushed + more if desired for topping
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the mold cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with more crushed graham crackers
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
I’m gonna pull a Rachel Ray and say Yumm-O (even though I make fun of her for saying that). Not only are these healthy, low in calories and easy to make but they are SO SO good. I even tricked one of my cousins into thinking it was a high calorie, unhealthy dessert🙂
Breakfast: Van’s Whole Wheat Waffles w/ Protein “Cake Batter”
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 packet of Vega Vanilla Protein Powder
- Blend together
Dessert for breakfast is becoming way too common… But I don’t mind. It’s healthy🙂
Lunch: Leftover Vegan Chili
Dinner: Vegan Mushroom Pizza & A vegan chocolate chip cookie
The cookie monster must’ve gotten a hold of this before I could grab the camera🙂 Btw, soy cheese – um, really? Why does every pizza place not offer this as an option? Try it just once, for me! Pleassseee.
Breakfast: Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apple Swirl Pancakes w/ Apple Topping (longest name?)
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apple Swirl Pancakes w/ Apple Topping
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon Ener-G mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons prepared batter (above)
- 2 tablespoons natural apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Apple “Syrup” Topping
- 1 chopped granny smith apple
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add almond (or soy) milk and egg replacer mixture and stir just until flour is moistened. (For thicker pancakes, use only 1 cup milk.) Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while the skillet heats.
- While the batter is resting, combine all of the “swirl” ingredients, using 2 tablespoons of the prepared batter.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet (sprayed lightly with non-stick spray) over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Immediately drizzle the cinnamon-apple batter over the top of each pancake in a swirl pattern. Cook until tops are bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry. With a pancake turner, turn and cook until undersides are golden. Place on a warm platter; keep warm.
- Repeat until all batter is used, brushing griddle lightly with olive oil, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Cook apple topping.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, apples and cinnamon and cook until apples are tender and syrup has formed.
- Pour over pancakes.
We went out to dinner to celebrate Valentines Day since we wont actually see each other on Monday. My boyfriend IS the best because he was craving lamb chops and we had reservations at Capital Grille but they didn’t have ONE Vegan option so he switched it to an Organic restaurant nearby just for me. Such a good guy🙂 The restaurant was called Dogwood. If you live in Maryland this is definitely a place to check out. Everything was so fresh, the service was great and the atmosphere was comfy-cozy yet funky. I will 100% be a repeat offender.
FYI – I only had my iPhone for pictures so they didn’t come out that great…
Appetizer: Beet & Carrot Soup w/ a slice of Fresh Bread
Dinner: Forbidden Rice & Roasted Butternut Squash Curry with zucchini and yellow squash, organic black rice, mild curried coconut sauce with Vann’s spices, golden currants and toasted almonds
I am literally speechless over a veggie dish! These flavors were spicy, nutty and flavorful. I would love to make this one night…and eat it for days and days.
Unfortunately they didn’t offer any Vegan desserts😦 But my trusty iPhone found a place right around the corner that did!
Thank you, Sweet Sin for fulfilling my craving. I ordered a chocolate ganache raspberry cupcake.
On our way out there was something else staring me in the eye.
I couldn’t eat a cupcake and not a cookie. That’s prejudiced and I wont stand for that. So i ordered one for the car ride home. Hey, it was 40 minutes you never know when a craving will strike! I ate it 5 minutes into the drive. This cookie was so fluffy. I had only planned to eat half…Half turned into 3/4’s which turned into the whole thing. Oh well, life goes on. The cupcake was also lovely. Extremely decadent is how I would describe it.
Are you hungry after reading all of that? Because I am!
Friday night my boyfriend arrived and I FINALLY got to give him his birthday present… 5 days in Key West in less than a month!!! I better get serious about my workouts!
On Saturday he got me tickets to the Disney Princess on Ice show in Baltimore. I LOVE princesses and
claim to be am one so I was overly excited. There was a couple in the elevator with us who were probably in their 80’s going to see the show too and that made me think “That will absolutely be us one day”. Once a princess, always a princess.
Really, does it get any better than this? Pancakes for breakfast, Disney on Ice, a Princess tiara, amazing vegan dinner, even better 2 vegan desserts? I think not. If you think of something please, feel free to let me know.
I highly doubt Adam had as much fun as I did but he was a great sport.
We also watched The Social Network & Easy A. Neither were academy award winners but they were both entertaining and I liked learning the background story about how Facebook begun.
On Friday night we also discovered Tasti D-lite was FINALLY open. I have been waiting for this for about a year…No joke. Please tell me you have one of these near you? If not maybe I should do a giveaway with some because I know they ship them ( I may or may not have had some shipped to me from Florida once). I discovered this ice cream with one of my best friends last May. 50 calories, 2 grams of fat, 2 grams of sugar, over 100 flavors and 50 toppings. You can guarantee I will be there at least 3x next week.
They switch flavors out daily so I have already programmed their number to my speed dial. Even though I couldn’t order anything because of Vegan week I went in and told the owner he’d be seeing a lot more of me and expressed my excitement. I’m not sure if he was flattered or wanted to request a restraining order.
Ah, okay. I’m done obsessing.
Also some other great news is I won the shoes from Shanna’s giveaway!! Charles David wedges are on their way to my house and I am so thankful and happy🙂 Thanks so much again. I’ll post a picture of me in them when I get them but here is a sneak peek in the meantime.
Sorry I didn’t have time to post on Favorite Friday… I’ll make up for it next week! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. This post was really long so hopefully you didn’t get too bored!
QUESTIONS: Have you ever had a vegan dessert? What are you doing for Valentines Day?
Day 16: Dream house
I dream big… I want a lot of children, a huge kitchen where I have so much room I could ice skate if I wanted to, and someone to clean up after me because I am sort of messy when I cook. I’d also like an amazing view of the water and pottery barn-esque designed rooms. It will be colorful yet classy. Is that too much to ask?
Day 17: Something you’re looking forward to
Key West vacation… I’m so done with the snow, ice and numbing winds. Goodbye winter coat. Hello bikini.
ANOTHER great giveaway by Angie! Go enter🙂 All of these giveaways are making me want to have another….