Happy Thursday! Just one more day til the weekend 🙂 This is my first full week of work since the beginning of November! Next week is a 4 day week….whew, because I’m not used to this 5 day work week stuff 😉
Breakfast this morning was a banana oat cake. Super easy and super delicious. This recipe only took about 8 minutes and compared to my other 2 recipes that took an hour those 8 minutes were nothing!
Sooo it kind of looks like a veggie burger with honey mustard and ketchup? But it’s really a banana oat cake with peanut butter and sugar-free strawberry preserves on half of an english muffin. I’ll post the recipe once I learn how to take a better picture of it!
We spent the day at the mall with story time at Borders, playing in the play place and lunch at the food court. I snacked on a Larabar (first timer) and it was the Mint Chocolate flavor… I wasn’t a fan. Do you guys eat these? Which is your favorite flavor? I liked that there were less than 5 ingredients and it was a raw bar…but it just didn’t taste right to me!
Lunch was leftovers of last nights dinner and I also got a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical + 5 minute abs in before I ate. I started working on the invitations for the 4-year-old’s upcoming Birthday Party. They are going to be SO cute.
After work I got a manicure and pedicure…My hands and feet are forever grateful to me. I got Shellac on my nails in a Lincoln Park after Dark color and You don’t know Jacques! on my toes… Have you ever been “shellac”ed? I suggest you do it…It’s a little pricier than a regular manicure but it will stay on your nails for 3 WEEKS. The best part about it is it wont damage your nails… Most nail salons offer this service now so check it out 🙂
For dinner I made a chicken tortilla soup with homemade tortilla strips!
MMMM. MMMM. GOOD. This actually turned out really well and I was pretty proud of myself 🙂 I added some greek yogurt (sub for sour cream), shredded organic white cheddar cheese (cabot 50% light), and avocado slices. I enjoyed two bowls of this – I had planned to make a side salad to go with the soup but was reallllly full and clearly still needed to save a little room for dessert.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2T Olive Oil
- 1 medium sized white onion chopped
- 1 medium sized red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 3 organic boneless skinless thin chicken breasts
- 36 ounces low-sodium vegetable stock
- 4 ounce can of green chilis
- 1/3 cup of frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 plain greek yogurt
- Whole wheat tortillas (low carb) made into tortilla strips, toasted in the oven ( brush olive oil on, sea salt, paprika – 400 degrees 10 min)
- lime slices
- fresh cilantro
- Greek Yogurt
- organic white cheddar cheese (i used cabot 50% light) shredded ( do this yourself – so much better!)
In a large pot add olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add onion and pepper and saute until tender for about 4 minutes. While sauteing vegetables cut your chicken into small pieces and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add garlic, cumin and chili powder and mix well. Add the chicken – This should cook quickly because you cut into small pieces – about 6 minutes. Pour in your chilis, corn enchilada sauce and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer on low/medium covered for 25 minutes. Stir in greek yogurt. Ladle into bowls. Serve with all the toppings!! Relax and enjoy 🙂
Dessert was no surprise… Banana slices, with peanut butter and vegan chocolate chips. OK I bought both of these 10 days ago and they are completely gone. THAT is a problem. Someone check me into peanut butter and chocolate lovers anonymous.
I wanted to do a quick post on 8 Key Pieces to have this Winter… So here it goes
1. Oversized Sweater – great with skinny jeans, flats or boots. Dress it up or down!
2. Pleated Skirt – pair with tights, high boots or booties. Endless options!
3. Fringed Bag – A girl can never have too many bags
4. Crochet Dress – Layer in the winter… Wear it solo in the spring. HOT!
5. Classic White Top – I dont think this needs explanation
6. Wider Leg Jeans – You cant wear a skinny EVERY day.
7. Boyfriend Blazer – i probably wear this TOO much. jeans, shorts, rompers, dresses…sweatpants. you know.
8. Infinity Scarf – buy lighter material so you can wear year round. I love the colors on this one!
I also participated in a survey that is going around blogs called Four Things!
Four TV Shows I Watch:
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
- The Bachelor/ette
- The Kardashians
- Jersey Shore (i realize this is all reality tv. not to self: turn on discovery channel tomorrow)
Four Things I’m Passionate About:
- My family – no doubt number 1 thing
- Children – a child can always brighten up your day!
- Cooking – i love to cook every single meal of the day.
- Wedding/Event Planning – i love the details
Four Things I Learned In the Past:
- You can’t avoid offending people from time to time. When you don’t mean it, apologize. When you do mean it, accept the consequences.
- It’s 10 times easier to fall in love than to stay in love. And no matter what the sad songs say about romance, broken hearts do mend and you will fall in love again.
- Be truthful or be quiet. Lies are hard to keep track of.
- Never let a day go by without telling someone “I love you.”
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- Two of my best friends weddings and their bachelorette parties of course 🙂
- Making banana soft-fro-yo every day until i get sick of it. Which will be never.
- Continue building a healthy relationship with my amazing boyfriend who puts up with my bossiness 😉
- Planning some type of warm vacation ASAP.
Four Things I Love About Winter:
- Nothing. Ohh, I have to do this? Hmm ok. Well, I usually work out more in the winter.
- Chili, Soup, and Comfort Foods.
- Marshmallows with Hot Chocolate 😉
- Scarves. Obsessed.
I’m going to tag…
Tomorrow is Favorite Friday! Anything specific you would like me to comment on? Also thanks to everyone who entered my giveaway…If you haven’t done so yet, go ahead! You have til Saturday at 4pm til I pick the winner 🙂 Good Luck!
Questions: Do you eat Larabar’s? What is your favorite flavor? Have you ever gotten shellac on your nails? Is there anything you want me to cover in Favorite Friday!?