Last night I ate my dinner and dessert in record time. How? I combined them. I couldn’t decide if I wanted a breakfast sandwich or pancakes for dinner but I finally chose pancakes. Not just ANY pancakes – S’mores pancakes. Growing up S’mores was ALWAYS my favorite dessert. I even asked for a s’mores maker one Christmas. There’s something about a warm marshmallow and gooey chocolate on a graham cracker that just makes me smile 🙂
S’mores Pancakes (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour (whole wheat or all-purpose would work too)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax-seed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet of nunaturals stevia (splenda or sugar would work too)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if you want thinner batter)
- 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 10 mini marshmallows (i used colorful ones, because I’m 5)
- 1/4 of a crushed graham cracker
- Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup (topping)
- Sugar Free Cool Whip (topping)
- 1/4 of a graham cracker broken into pieces (topping)
- Combine flour, baking powder, ground flax-seed, sweetener and salt to a bowl.
- Next add egg whites and almond milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in dark chocolate chips, crushed graham cracker (1/4) and mini marshmallows
- Pour batter into olive oil sprayed skillet over medium high heat
Make these tomorrow for your boyfriend/fiance/husband. He will love you forever and ever and ever.
Now that we’ve gotten the food talk out-of-the-way I must tell you that today is one of my favorite days in the ENTIRE year. Nope, it’s not my birthday… But it is the day I make my birthday wish list because it’s the beginning of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
I’m not too old to make a birthday list, right? I’d like to think I’m Forever Young as Rod Stewart likes to sing to me.
When I browse the site I normally look for staple pieces. Think jewelry, jeans, bags, shoes, boots, scarves and jackets. Of course I always find a top or two I want but you can get those anytime…the focus is staples. Here are my most
needed wanted list this year.
Vince Camuto Snakeskin Bangle – Sale $58
Chloe K Burnout Texture Tee – Sale $18
Enzo Angiolini “Sully” Platform Pump – Sale $60
Caslon Ruffled Faux Leather Jacket – Sale $79
Nordstrom Windowpane Boucle Wrap – Sale $45
Michael Kors Moxley Shoulder Tote – Sale $253
Hue Wide Wale Corduroy Leggings – Sale $25
Michael Kors Leather Crossbody Bag – Sale $85
Nike Low Rise Crop Capris – Sale $33
Caslon V-Neck Poncho – Sale $45
So you know, feel free to buy me whatever you’d like. My birthday is less than two months away… You can have it shipped directly to me or even a store near me and I’ll pick it up. I know you are grateful for me making a list while things are on sale. No big deal, it’s my pleasure.
QUESTIONS: What type of pancakes are your favorite? Do you shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?