I always have weird eating habits on Sunday… But not today! I’m sticking with my March Goals so far, so good!
- I went to the gym 7 times during the week…my goal was 5!
- To not overindulge on weekends and stick to my weekly routine – CHECK!
- Get more than 5 hours of sleep a night – Averaging 8!
- Set a weekly budget and stick to my list – A+.
This weekend I was able to squeeze a zumba, body pump and killer spin class in – i just love me some weekend workouts! During the week I always go after work but morning workouts always make me feel more accomplished and energized.
I made a “menu” for myself for the week that included 3 meals, a snack & dessert (can’t go without it!) each day – I jotted down my grocery list, headed to Trader Joe’s and actually stuck to it without buying one extra item! I’m so proud of myself… The best part about it? I got all of these organic goodies:
for $34… I can’t remember the last time I only spent $34 at the grocery store! I have a lot of yummy recipes for the week planned so I’m ready for Monday to start. Whoa, did I just say that? This will probably be the first and last time you hear me say those words in a sentence together.
I have some news for you…
The good news is – I’m loving the honey scented blueberry muffins i made on Friday…
I just keep telling myself it’s OK it’s a protein… AND its national peanut butter month so it’s only right that I support it😉
The good news is I made some seriously good hummus for the week to snack on.
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus! This was my first homemade hummus and it turned out ah.maze.ing. Sorry whole foods, you won’t be collecting 6.00 a container from me anymore The bad news is, I forgot this was a weekday snack and almost finished it off by myself TODAY. I wasn’t kidding when I said I was feeling snacky!
The good news is, while I was gawking I found a recipe that caught my eye so I also made some Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars for a healthy easy treat while were on vacation.
You’re right, that’s not bad news… But it would’ve been awesome news if I would’ve opened the dark chocolate bar instead of the milk! Don’t feel sorry for me… They were still delicious – they had peanut butter AND chocolate, how could they not be?
The bad news is I was still feeling snacky – so I turned it into good news and whipped up some s’mores cookies “to take to work” tomorrow. Or, at least that’s what I told myself.
But the good news is… I’m going to share all 3 recipes with you, right here, right now.
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to make it a little more like the dip.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
Next up on Snacky Sunday:
Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup pretzels (I chose gluten-free)
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- dried fruit, chocolate chips, chocolate, coconut etc (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, line a 13×9 pan with parchment paper
- Mash bananas
- Add peanut butter to bananas and heat in microwave until combined
- Add oats and peanuts, mix well.
- Fold in pretzels
- Spread mixture in lined pan and bake for 20 minutes or until top is browned
- Let cool and cut into 12 squares
- Drizzle with chocolate if you love it as much as me
These remind me of a cookie mixed with a granola bar. They are also pretty big in size so its perfect for breakfast on the go!
Last but not least…
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 chocolate bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda, and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets
- Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven.
- Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of the chocolate bar into each cookies.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
The marshmallow, graham crackers and chocolate combo is really trying hard to steal the number one spot in my heart(clearly chocolate + peanut butter is #1)… I’ve got to admit, these cookies MIGHT have me switch over. If you make these, make sure you get the colored marshmallows…They’re more fun
Hi ho, Hi ho…Back to work I go. Happy Monday
QUESTIONS: What good news do you have to share? What is your favorite combination of food?