Ahh it’s the weekend and I’m up at 6:45…Awesome! I’m not sure when my body decided it didn’t need 8 hours of sleep to function anymore but it’s not cool. Guess I should get my day started..
Yesterdays breakfast was a Strawberry Oatmeal Protein Shake. I’ve never added Oatmeal to a smoothie before but it was extremely filling. Good choice, Alyssa…Good choice.
Lunch was leftover Chili w/ a vitamuffin cornbread – 100 calories. Love it.
I am making apps/dinner/dessert for my family tonight so I did a little preparation while making myself some dessert!
I will show you the final results of the family dinner tomorrow but here is a sneak peak of what I used for one of the desserts…
My own dessert was a Non-Dairy attempt at my favorite Ice Cream… In the process I BROKE my ice cream maker 😦 The top has still not come off but I managed to pour what I could out of the top because I was not letting this go to waste. Tis a sad, sad day in my house.
Regardless of the tragedy it still turned out OK so I will pass the recipe on for you Non-Dairy lovers.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (GREEN – there is no other way to eat it)
- 2 cups Coconut Milk – Original
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut Milk – Unsweetened
- 9 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp mint extract
- drops of green food coloring
- 3/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup (or more, i wont judge) vegan chocolate chips – btw, is it possible i like these more than regular now?
- Add coconut milk and xanthan gum to blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds
- Add vanilla, stevia, mint extract and green food coloring and blend for 30 more seconds
- Pour into ice cream maker (follow ice cream maker instructions)
- Last 5 minutes of churning add your chocolate chips
- Freeze in airtight container for at least 2 hours
One Ice Cream Sundae at a time…
Day 29: 3 Wishes
1.) For cancer to be to a non-existent word. I hate everything about it!
2.) I wish that fantasy baseball and football teams didn’t take over my boyfriends life! It’s a weird obsession to me.
3.) To have endless amounts of money to buy these things
See, I don’t ask for much 🙂 OK We’re off to start the cooking spree… If all goes well I’ll be back with lots of recipes tomorrow!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.