I don’t know why I named this post “Sweet Surprise” because it’s no surprise I am baking something sweet AGAIN.
What did I make you ask?
Ingredients included: Dark Chocolate. Double Stuf Oreos. All wrapped up into a cupcake. I think I’m in love. Sorry, Adam.
The Easter Bunny knows me well… When he placed this beautiful can of Sprinkles cupcake mix in my basket this year I was brainstorming ideas on how to make them my own. I had leftover Double Stuf Oreo’s from some type of event a while back and thought this could be the perfect pair. Actually, I lied. Peanut butter would’ve been the perfect pair but my family might be sick of my PB & Choc combo? I’m only here to please you people.
These cupcakes were actually very simple.
First you have to buy one of these (or your favorite chocolate boxed mix)
While cupcakes are cooling you will prepare your filling.
Cookies and Cream Filling
- 12 Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbs sugar
- Place Oreos in Food processor and chop. (If you don’t have a food processor – smash them in a bag)
- Place whipping cream, vanilla and sugar in bowl and beat for 5 minutes or until soft peak forms.
- Mix in cookie crumbs
- Place in refrigerator until you are ready to fill.
- Take a paring knife and cut a cone shape out of your cupcakes.
- Fill cupcakes with mixture
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes
- Carefully spread frosting of choice (I used store-bought Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip) on top of cupcakes
- Top with half of an oreo